This Blog Page will help anyone looking for information on this broad subject by listing links and covering basic definitions and misunderstandings with regard to Abortion.
I have provided links to trusted websites that cover Abortion in great detail and can answer many of your detailed questions and help people get involved in informing everyone what Abortion involves.
It will be from a Biblical and practical perspective. There is a lot misinformation out there which needs to be addressed by facts and information so both men and women can make proper informed decisions.
This Blog Page will be updated as and when necessary.
Definition Of Abortion by Obstetrician / Gynaecologist Textbooks
“Termination of pregnancy before 20 weeks’ gestation calculated from date of onset of last menses. An alternative definition is delivery of a fetus with a weight of less than 500 g. If abortion occurs before 12 weeks’ gestation, it is called early; from 12 to 20 weeks it is called late.”
“Abortion is the spontaneous or induced termination of pregnancy before fetal viability. Because popular use of the word abortion implies a deliberate pregnancy termination, some prefer the word miscarriage to refer to spontaneous fetal loss before viability […] The National Center for Health Statistics, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) define abortion as pregnancy termination prior to 20 weeks’ gestation or a fetus born weighing less than 500 g. Despite this, definitions vary widely according to state and country laws.”
Recommended Specialised Abortion Sites
1. Online For Life implements cutting-edge Internet and traditional marketing outreaches to connect with abortion-determined women and men.
2. Abort67 is a project of Centre for Bio-Ethical Reform UK. Abort67 is a non-religious organization. However, many of our supporters and volunteers belong to a number of faith groups. Abortion is not just a “religious” issue it is a matter of human rights that all should be concerned about.
3. Centre for Bio-Ethical Reform CBR is strictly non-violent. We oppose violence against babies and against the abortionists who kill them. We do not engage in civil disobedience. All activities fall within the legal bounds of the First Amendment. Just as Dr. King sought to create a “creative tension” to awaken the nation to the horrible injustice of segregation, we too are creating a “creative tension” to awaken the nation to the horrible injustice of abortion.
Frequently Asked Questions About Abortion Related Subjects
2. Won’t you just upset women who have had abortions?
3. Won’t you just upset women who have had miscarriages?
4. Using pictures of dead babies is just emotionally manipulative isn’t it?
5. What about rape and incest?
6. No one knows when life begins anyway
7. The baby is not conscious and does not feel pain so what’s the problem in getting rid of it?
8. The baby is not a baby it is just an embryo or foetus!
9. It may well be a ‘human being’ but it’s not a ‘person’ because it is not sentient or had any experiences yet!
10. If abortion is made illegal thousands of women will die in back street abortions.
Abortion Life Stories
I have decided to list the many article URL links about abortion and life stories that need to be told and read. There is an enormous lack of understanding and information about what is going on in the world today and millions of babies needlessly are being murdered without us making any noise of dissent. God will judge those that promote these practises. All the women involved suffer the consequences for their whole lives.
A Doctor has said that women patients have come in regretting having had a abortion but no one has ever regretted having a child!