Euthanasia Useful Links Murder of the Innocent and Vulnerable
Euthanasia, also known as assisted suicide, physician-assisted suicide , doctor-assisted dying and more loosely termed mercy killing, basically means to take a deliberate action with the express intention of ending a life to relieve intractable persistent, unstoppable suffering. Some interpret euthanasia as the practice of ending a life in a painless manner. Many disagree with this interpretation, because it needs to include a reference to intractable suffering.
The following link goes into more detail if you would like to know more on the subject What Is Euthanasia or Assisted Suicide?
The following articles covers the real issues and concerns of many people about Euthanasia, which has become a major political policy to win votes and save money supposedly for the public good. There are concerned professionals that this is a slippery slope that we can never return. It means that the governments determines who lives and who dies and takes most of the decision making power out of the hands of the person and the relatives. This has to be wrong!.
- Twenty facts we did not learn from Terry Pratchett’s BBC ‘documentary’ on assisted suicide in Europe
- So you don’t think euthanasia is dangerous? Maybe this might
- Legalizing euthanasia or assisted suicide: the illusion of safeguards – New Review
- Dutch health minister: 45 psychiatric euthanasia deaths in 2013
- Lancet Study proves significant growth in euthanasia deaths in the Netherlands
- New Zealand euthanasia bill is wide-open and open to being wider, says bill’s author
- Belgian Senate will vote on bill to extend euthanasia to children with disabilities on 26 November
- Only 16% of Canadian doctors would assist in euthanasia
- Sham euthanasia report from Canada should make us more wary about Charlie Falconer’s ‘commission on assisted dying’